Massimo
Canducci

A graduate in Information Science and Communication Technology, he is Innovation Manager at Engineering where he deals with all aspects of innovation, from collaboration and coordination of research projects to consultancy and specialized training. Adjunct Professor of Innovation Management at the University of Turin and of Consultancy and Soft Skills at the University of Pavia, he is a member of the Advisory Board of UNINFO and the Executive Council of the University of Florence.

   
MARKET | Jul 19, 2018

How to bring out our innovativeness?

The paradox of the inverted iceberg explains how to measure a company's innovativeness
You probably all know how an iceberg – a huge block of ice floating in the coldest seas – is made. Given that the density of ice is around 920 kg/m3 and the density of sea water is around 1025 kg/m3, approximately 90% of the volume of an iceberg remains hidden under the surface of the water, while the other 10% remains visible as it hasemerged. Now, bending the laws of physics using imagination, let's imagine that this iceberg can be overturned, with the smallest part below[…]